Kraków
organy w kościele oo. Bernardynów

opracowanie: o. Julian Mieczysław Śmierciak OFM

  Z HISTORII KOŚCIOŁA  ,  ORGANY NIE ZACHOWANE 
ORGANY WIELKIE - historia, opis-dyspozycja, zdjęcia, INNE, English, Strona klasztoru


The organs in the church of Kraków Bernardines.

SUMMARY

    The first brick built church and monastery of the Kraków Franciscans (known in Poland as Bernardines) was built in 1454 founded by King Kazimierz Jagiellończyk and Cardinal Zbigniew Oleśnicki.  The church, monastery and organ were destroyed during the Swedish invasion in 1655 and rebuilt in the style of Baroque during the period 1659 – 1680.  Since then a number of organs have been in use.

            1. The main church choir:

- The Great Organ built in 1702 by Fr. Euzebiusz Pasierbski OFM (IIP/38, Ec-C3, 5 bellows, late Baroque prospect with Rückpositiv). Significant repairs were carried out in:

1780 by Jakub Prostacki

1859 and 1871 by Jan Ziemański

1834–63 by Wacław Biernacki who built a new pneumatic organ (IIP/33, Manual 58 keys C–a3, Pedal 30 keys C1–f, 4 bellows), within the original Prospect of 1702.

- The Small Organ supplied around 1918 by A. Żebrowski. There are no specific records but it seems likely that this was used in place of the broken main organ until 1935.

            2. Above the Friar’s choir stalls behind the main altar:

- Positiv (I/10, Ec–C3, 2 bellows). The first record of its existence dates from 1797 and concerns its poor state of repair, which suggests a much earlier origin. It continued in use, with several repairs, until 1899.

- In 1899 a new organ (IP/7, Manual 54 keys C–f3, Pedal 18 keys C–f1, 1 bellow), built by Bronisław Markiewicz from Tarnów.  The Friar’s choir stalls, together with the organ, were removed from the church in 1926–27. In 1935 the organ was sold to the parish of Panki near Częstochowa.

            3. In the Chapel of the Blessed Szymon of Lipnica:

- Harmonium (IP/8, Manual 5 octaves, Pedal C–d) bought in 1899 from the Viennese factory of Rudolf Pajkr&Co. in Koniggratz.  In 1942 or 1945 it is thought to have been moved to the monastery chapel.

 Translated: Jerzy Biegus